October 5, 2010

mr. and mrs. {september card night}.

this month i had a request for a wedding card.  i love getting requests - it helps me narrow down all the ideas i have!  i have passed over this inspiration card many times, loving the ingenious use of material.  other than determining the size of each cake layer, this is a wonderfully simple card.

i love kraft cardstock, so leaving it as a plain canvas seemed right.  you're not going to believe me, but the layers of the cake come from one paint chip sample i picked up at home depot!  isn't that great?  you get the perfectly matched shades of any color you can imagine, and it's the best price - free!

all i had to add were a few little rub-ons, and tiny flowers.  pearls in the center of the flowers finished the front of the card.

to finish the inside, i love this simple little stamp.  but, this could easily be a birthday card - take away a few flowers and change the stamp!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Allison Fleming said...

So pretty! I love seeing all your crafty cards. I wish I lived closer so I could come to card night! It looks like so much fun. :)